Here's me and Razor a few years back. He's dressed as Herb Brooks.If you don't know who Herb Brooks is, you're a Communist.
I'm watching my first Stars game of the season. I know, I know, but the hockey season is long, and I have been distracted by pigskin. I see I haven't missed much, as the Stars have just now made it to 500. Great, yet another Dallas team to disappoint. Story of my life.
You know who never disappoints? The Stars' color commentator, Daryl "Razor" Reaugh. Razor's that 6'4" hunk of Canadian hilariousness you see in the picture above. He's a retired NHL goaltender, the peanut butter to Ralph Strangis' jelly, a regular on the little Ticket, and the reason I just spit coffee all over my keyboard.
Razor: [about Marty Turco] "You play against the Sharks and you're a net minder... and if you're leaning toward the diminutive side, you better be on your toes like a dwarf at a urinal to be able to see that puck through traffic... and he has been tonight."
Strangis: "Well there's a metaphor we don't hear every night."
[pause]Strangis: "I guess it's a simile."
Very good, Ralph. What Razor said was in fact a simile. It was also genius.
LARCENY!
4 comments:
Thanks for making me laugh today. That is hysterical.
You're now my favorite Ticket blogger. Razor is genius.
Knot
Greatness. I now rely heavily on your blog for Dallas sports updates and huge laughs. :)
And yes, anyone who doesn't know Herb Brooks needs to move. The end.
Um, not to burst the bubble or anything, but Detective Frank Drebin (Leslie Neilson) says something VERY similar in one of the Naked Gun movies. I think he says midget instead of dwarf, so according to the Great Gordo, Razor is still genius. :)
Post a Comment