Gustav has been teasing us North Texans with rain for a few days now. Rain already. Nobody likes a tease.
Well, yes, it's true. I bit the bullet and began a blog. And it seems my natural alliterative skills are ridiculous.
See, here I am this morning around 6am and I c a n n o t sleep. It happens from time to time- I have all these thoughts and ideas and memories flooding my brain and it will not just shut up so I can shut down. But that's almost always at night, and that's what melatonin is for. This morning... man... this morning I just could not sleep. Not even with two glasses of peach tea. (Caffeine?)
Right, so I decided, "Fine" and made my way to the computer and iTunes. And then of course to Blogger and the excitement (beating) of setting this thing up. But I have, and here 'tis.
I have no grand notions. I guess I just need yet another outlet. Because myspace, facebook, gchat, jld, training, and alcohol aren't enough?
I always thought that one day I would have a blog. You know, that day when I am happily married with 2.5 children and a dog? Picket fence? SUV? Suburbia? Funny... I have none of those things. What I do have is a few stories and ample memories for anyone who will listen, even if that only leaves me.
So here's to you, Blogger. A friend of mine plays on another site and he seems to be having fun. We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Welcome to blogland! I believe yours will be quite refreshing for me! :) Love it!
Yeah... welcome new blogger! I will look forward to your post!
This gentleman you speak of must write well.
Carolyn, you are so loved.
Pastor Ken
I've always enjoyed your stories. No one has quite the flair you do when it comes to conveying an experience! :)
-E
I love reading blogs...I admire those that are much more eloquent than me!!! And btw, the grass is always greener...maybe we could trade lives off and on when you need a kid/husband fix and I need a single/sassy woman fix!!!
Post a Comment