Here's why.
I'm the type of person who finds a route somewhere and sticks with that route, no matter if there is a shorter way. I stay with the route I know.
For example, I have been going to the same Walgreens for over a year now. It's about 5-10 mins from my apartment, Northwest. Last week I decided I wanted Taco Bell for some reason (triple steak, triple vomit), so I hopped under the Tollway and headed East. And there, 2 seconds from my apartment, was a CVS. A much nicer CVS than the Walgreens I go to, by the way. I kicked myself.
Today I kick again. Hard.
Every couple of months I get my little Addison Accolade newsletter from the Recreation department. I read about all the classes offered to seniors and kids and adults, and all the amenities of the Addison Athletic Club. "It's just $10," I think, but still, I don't really have an extra $10 a month. I mean, not unless I want to give up one drink in Uptown, and we all know that isn't going to happen.
Well, I got my first solid paycheck on Friday and decided it was time to join a club again. I had been putting this off not only because of lack of funds, but also because up to this point working out revolved around distance walking in preparation for the 3-Day. Any other cross-training or weight-lifting was done in my tiny apartment gym.
No longer. I just joined the Addison Athletic Club. We're talking:
• Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
• Four racquetball courts
• Cybex weight circuit, Hammer Strength weight circuit, dumbbells
• Treadmills, electronic bikes, elliptical trainers
• Gymnasium, indoor track, aerobics studio, multipurpose room
• Whirlpool spa, sauna and steam rooms
• Outdoor trails
• Tennis court
All for the low, low price of $10. That's right, $10 TOTAL, not per month. My membership only runs out when I move out of Addison.
I like how it only took me living in Addison for a year and a half to figure this out.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment